Camera Button Menu
In this example, we'll create a Menu Task that will popup when the camera button is pressed.
The steps are aimed at Tasker v1.2+.
You must disable Beginner Mode in order to create this profile, see Menu / Prefs / UI / Beginner Mode.
- make sure you're in the Profile tab, then click +, choose a name if you like and select Event for the context
- select category Hardware and then Button: Camera
- select priority Highest and check Stop Event to prevent other apps responding to the press
- select New Task and give the task a name if you like
- click + in the bottom left to add an action
- select category Alert and action Menu
- now we need to add the items to our menu
- click + in the bottom bar to add an item then the Action button to configure an action for it
- select App then Load App then the Camera app: our first menu item will start the camera if selected
- select App then Load App then the Camcorder app: our second menu item will start the camcorder app
- add a few more actions with +
- click Done
page revision: 8, last edited: 06 Nov 2014 20:32