I made this fairly simple setup to change the background every few minutes. You can attach it to different contexts. I have mine linked to a time context so between 7-midnight it changes the desktop wallpaper.
Before starting this create a number of wallpapers you want to use. I cropped and resized 100 backgrounds I used on my PC to the correct dimensions 960x854.
You then need to rename them to all the same name plus a file number eg. wallpaper1, wallpaper2 etc. I use the excellent program xnview which has a great batch rename/renumber tool for this.
Then copy these somewhere onto your phone's SD card.
Create the context
- New Context - Time
- Select a start and end time eg. 7am to 11:55 pm
- Add action type Variable - Variable Randomize
- Name %RANDOM
- Min = 1 Max = (number of different backgrounds you have)
- Add action type Display - Set Wallpaper
- Navigate to where your wallpapers are stored. Where the wallpaper number is change to %RANDOM eg. dcim/100ANDRO/wallpapers/wallpaper%RANDOM.jpg
- Add action type Task - Wait
- Choose an interval 15 mins for example
- Add action type Task - Goto Action
- Number = 1